Right as school started, we moved Nana to greener pastures...in South Carolina. We thought, "Hey, she's so much closer!" But the 9-hour drive always seemed to take us 12-14, and the pastures weren't very green as it turned out. But we had some fun visits there.
I even spent a week there in October (sans children and hubby) which allowed time for precious conversations and fun times for just Alice and Me. We ate out, and over-ate out, caught a movie, stayed up late, and talked A LOT! It was so much fun!!! It reminded me of the year that Parrish and I were dating before we got married. He lived in SLC, and only came home on weekends (and not even EVERY weekend), so I spent more than a few evenings a week at Alice's house visiting with her, doing laundry, studying, you name it...Those were great times, and this was a great reminder of why I love my mother-in-law!
Unfortunately...or fortunately...Alice's South Carolina adventure didn't last long. Right before Christmas, we moved her next door; to Georgia. She has just begun her adventure there, and we are sure that there are great things in-store for her! One thing is for certain...we can make the trip in its "Google-map" alotted time, and we don't mind IKEA, oh, I mean Atlanta as a pit-stop along the way...
Monday, February 15, 2010
New Adventures...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment