As many of you know...I am not an animal person. While we did have cats and dogs while I was growing up, they were strictly outdoor pets, and I didn't interact much with them.
I now have a dog and two cats...inside...
Why? Well, the logic is as follows: I have a daughter who doesn't just like animals, she LOVES them. And because I love my daughter (and my sons who love the animals, just not quite as much as said daughter), I have animals.
There you have it. That is why I have them.
Well, I also have a friend who LOVES animals (dogs mostly), and she often has puppies or a "momma dog" on the verge of having puppies in her foster-care. In September, Shelly called and said, "I think this momma is going to have these babies soon! Would Madelyn like to watch?" Parrish and I had a few days to talk it over, and decided that it would be fine, IF Madelyn wanted to, and IF the babies came at a decent hour.
Well, the stars aligned, and one evening in September, I drove Madelyn to Shelly's house to watch momma have her puppies. At first, she couldn't watch, but after she held that puppy (straight from its momma) she was over the messy stuff, and watched as two more were born. We didn't stay for all NINE...she had school the next day! But, it was amazing to watch her.
This child LOVES animals! And I love my daughter so I have animals for her to love...
Monday, February 15, 2010
Puppy Love...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment